How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Greenfield
Fall is coming quickly in Greenfield, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the best time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the atmosphere of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a big impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are several ways to create levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Greenfield a call at (413) 829-0299 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!