Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
The cold season is fast approaching in Greenfield and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often surge. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful in every season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors provide during Greenfield winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Greenfield professionals a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to produce a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Greenfield.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Greenfield a call at (413) 829-0299 or check out our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.