The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated piece of your home’s windows. They give you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design needs, and with the number of styles and colors offered, you can discover a combination to satisfy whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you can change styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you choose, there are multiple color choices to meet
your design needs.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to provide more energy
efficient options than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make for a quick cleaning of the glass.
Now that we’ve read a handful of positives of window grilles, let’s read about the challenges associated with window grilles.
- While there are a variety of
designs out there, some homeowners feel that certain grille styles can obstruct their
view of the outdoors.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that needs to be cleaned, cleaning can be more of
- Replacement windows that feature grilles are typically more pricey than those that don’t have grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to buy replacement windows or you’re simply considering them for your current home, window grilles may be a great add-on to your next set of windows. There are a variety of things to think about, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our team, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re in the market for. Of course, with the number of products available, we suggest coming by our Greenfield showroom, giving us a call at (413) 829-0299 or setting up an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we carry.