Window Style 101
Your window coverings can make or break the style of your space. So, whether you’re shooting for a tranquil feeling or something lively to show off your personality, you’re bound to find an idea here! Here are eight tips to gussy up your windows.
- To create a sense of drama or to make a smaller room seem bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a pop of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to express your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a quirky print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is on your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a shade too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love decorating for the season, or just like to change things up every once in a while, try swapping out the curtains in your main living area. You can go as festive as you’d like!
- If you’re having trouble finding the best pattern for your curtains, don’t limit yourself to regular window curtains. Try looking at tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you’re looking for.
- For an understated and elegant look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To spruce up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You could use anything from a fancy ribbon to sea shells you picked up on vacation.